Sunday, October 28, 2012

A week of 10.22-10.27

+
Lance gave a lecture on panel variation.
Very interesting topic.


++
Project No. 4, bookcase was finished.
Now, it's time to move on.


+++
The candle stand is now in the NBSS gallery for display and sale.


++++
My next project, Seymour tambour desk.

My interest on period furniture goes back to the time when I first read a book, Making Period Furniture from Fine Woodworking in late 1990s. There was an article, which described Harold Ionson and his love on Seymour furniture. I was so fascinated with the story.

This particular example is currently displayed in the Winterthur museum, DE. I like the design which matches the vertical lines of the simulated pilate inlays and tambours.

My digital drawing were made and I am ready for this project.


No comments: