Sunday, February 26, 2012

A week of 02.20-02.24

+
Philip Lowe gave a slide presentation on his work and his new school and Joseph Karagezian, a French upholsterer gave a presentation on upholstering a Sheraton side chair made by Timm.
Philip Lowe's apprenticeship program was my second option before I came here. I also enjoyed his DVD presentation on making reeding of a Sheraton chair using a lathe indexing system, which was similar to Lace's presentation.
The upholstery presentation was awesome, which I always wanted to see at some time. Still many thing are unclear, but I have an idea now.












++
The frame was made, and the panel was smoothed.


The raised panel was made on a table saw.
Burning was created by my sloppy feather board setting-up. Sigh. However it was cleanly removed by planing. ;-)



Check fitting of the panel and frame.


Linseed oil was applied on the panel and shellac and wax will be followed.

+++
The ship-lap backs and drawer stops were made.


The notches for drawer bottom screws were made.


Drawer stops were installed.


The case outside surfaces were planed, sanded.


Now the case is smooth.

No comments: